GN 00307: Foreign Evidence
TN 32 (07-06)
The Romanian Government has stated that full identifying information, as determined by that government, must be shown on each request for a birth certificate. They have provided a form (shown in GN 00307.784C.) for requesting birth certificates.
The servicing Federal Benefits Unit will try to secure a birth certificate even where some information (other than basic identifying information about the individual, referred to as the bearer) is not shown.
Individuals who left Romania illegally, or stayed abroad illegally, may be asked to supply supplemental information about, or regularize, their status before their requests are honored.
2. Certifications of Civil Records
In 1996, the old-type certificates were replaced by a new version. Certificates are now issued on a Romanian/English/French multi-lingual form. Birth certificates are blue, marriage certificates are pink and death certificates are gray.
The certificates have a serial number and the name and personal identification number of the bearer, the signature of the issuing official (officer of the vital records), and the ink stamp/seal of the city hall where the document was issued.
To request a birth certificate from Romania, print/copy and have the claimant complete the form in GN 00307.784C.
See GN 00312.328, for the office to which the form is to be sent.
Romanian Birth Certificate Request Form
DATA NECESSARY FOR THE PROCUREMENT OF A BIRTH CERTIFICATE
(DATE NECESARE PROCURARII CERTIFICATULUI DE NASTERE)
I. DATA REGARDING THE BEARER OF THE DOCUMENT
(Date privind titularul documentului)
1. Name ______________ First name _____________
(Numele)_____________(Prenumele obtinut la nastere)__________
2. Parents' names (Father) ____________ (Mother) ___________
3. Date of birth: Year ______Month________Day________
(Data nasterii: Anul)______(Luna)_________(Ziua)________
4. Place of birth: Commune ___________ Judet __________
(Locul nasterii Comuna)
5. Locality where birth recorded: Commune ____________ Judet ________
(Localitatea unde a fost inregistrata nasterea)
In case of delayed registration, place and date of such record should be included.
(In cazul actului transcris sau reconstituit, se va indica locul si data transcrierii sau reconstituirii.)
6. Citizenship at birth _____________ at present _____________
(Cetatenia la nasters) (In prezent)
7. Present address: (Street, No, Locality, Country) ____________________
(Adresa prezena) ________________________________________________
8. When and under what circumstance the bearer departed Romania
(Cind a parasit teritoriul R S Romania si in ce imprejurari)
9. Type of travel document used __________________
(Cu ce act de calatoria)
II. DATA REGARDING THE APPLICANT [x]
(Date privind solicitantul)
1. Name and first name _______________________
(Nume si prenume)
2. Relationship to the document's bearer ____________
(Gradul de rudenie cu titularul actului)
3. Citizenship _________________
4. Foreign domicile (Street, No., Locality, Country
(Domiciliul in strainatate)
5. Reason for requesting document __________________________
Date ______________Signature ___________________________
1. Failure to answer completely all the questions in the application or
incorrect filling in of the application will make the procurement of
the requested certificate impossible.
(Lipsa raspunsului exact la toate intrebarile din formular sau
necompletare corecta face imposibila procurarea
2. To be completed if the applicant is not the person named in the
(Se completeaza cind solicitantul nu este titularul actului.)