GN 03314.110: Disclosure Without Consent to State and Local Agencies to Administer State Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Special Veterans Benefits (SVB) Supplementation
Effective Dates: 01/17/2017 - Present
- TN 2 (01-17)
- GN 03314.110 Disclosure Without Consent to State and Local Agencies to Administer State Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Special Veterans Benefits (SVB) Supplementation
- A. Disclosure policy
- We may disclose certain non-tax return information, including verification of Social Security Numbers (SSN), to State agencies for their administration of State SSI and SVB supplementation under Title XVI and Title VIII of the Social Security Act. Disclosure is permissible under the health maintenance and income maintenance routine use cited in a number of the agency’s systems of records, including but not limited to the following:
- * 60-0058—Master Files of SSN Holders and SSN Applications System;
- * 60-0089—Claims Folders System;
- * 60-0090—Master Beneficiary Record;
- * 60-0103—Supplemental Security Income Record and Special Veterans Benefits System; and
- * 60-0320—Electronic Disability Claims File.
- NOTE: We may also disclose certain tax return information covered by the Earnings Recording and Self-Employment Reporting System (60-0059) system of record to State agencies that administer State SSI Supplementation, pursuant to Section 6103(l)(7) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- For information on the disclosure of tax return information, see GN 03314.002 and GN 03320.015A.
For information on the verification of SSNs, see GN 03325.003.
- B. Procedure for handling requests
- The majority of the disclosures we make to State or local agencies under the health maintenance and income maintenance routine use occur via electronic data exchanges, as explained in GN 03314.001E.6. Consult the regional office Data Exchange Coordinator or Privacy Act Coordinator to determine if we have a data exchange in effect with a particular State agency. For more information regarding the handling of requests from State and local agencies, see GN 03314.001E.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.