GN 03314.100: Disclosure Without Consent to State and Local Agencies Regarding Patients in State or Local Mental Health Hospitals
Effective Dates: 01/17/2017 - Present
- TN 2 (01-17)
- GN 03314.100 Disclosure Without Consent to State and Local Agencies Regarding Patients in State or Local Mental Health Hospitals
- A. Disclosure Policy
- We may disclose certain non-tax return information, including verification of Social Security Numbers (SSN), to State or local agencies to determine entitlement to and eligibility for programs and services for mentally incapable inpatients of State mental health hospitals. If a patient is in a pre-release program, we may disclose information, regardless of capability. Disclosure is permissible under the health maintenance and income maintenance routine use cited in a number of our systems of records, including but not limited to the following:
- * 60-0058—Master Files of SSN Holders and SSN Applications System;
- * 60-0089—Claims Folders System;
- * 60-0090—Master Beneficiary Record;
- * 60-0103—Supplemental Security Income Record and Special Veterans Benefits System; and
- * 60-0320—Electronic Disability Claims File.
For information on the verification of SSNs, see GN 03325.003.
- B. Procedure for handling requests
- The majority of the disclosures we make to State or local mental health hospitals under the health maintenance and income maintenance routine use occur via electronic data exchanges, as explained in GN 03314.001E.6. Consult the regional office Data Exchange Coordinator or Privacy Act Coordinator to determine if we have a data exchange in effect with a particular State mental health hospital or the State agency administering mental health service programs. For more information regarding the handling of requests from State and local agencies, see GN 03314.001E.
- NOTE: Mental health hospital that also serve as representative payees may not enter into data exchanges to receive information they need to perform representative payee duties.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.