GN 03314.085: Disclosure Without Consent to State and Local Agencies to Administer Low Income Home Energy Assistance Programs (LIHEAP)
Effective Dates: 01/17/2017 - Present
- TN 2 (01-17)
- GN 03314.085 Disclosure Without Consent to State and Local Agencies to Administer Low Income Home Energy Assistance Programs (LIHEAP)
- A. Disclosure policy
- LIHEAP is a federally funded program that provides energy assistance, including weatherization, to low income households. We may disclose certain non-tax return information, including Social Security Number (SSN) verifications, to State or local agencies for their administration of LIHEAP. Disclosure is permissible under the health maintenance and income maintenance routine use cited in a number of the agency’s systems of records, including but not limited to the following:
- * 60-0058—Master Files of SSN Holders and SSN Applications System;
- * 60-0089—Claims Folders System;
- * 60-0090—Master Beneficiary Record; and
- * 60-0103—Supplemental Security Income Record and Special Veterans Benefits System.
For information on the verification of SSNs, see GN 03325.003.
- B. Procedure for handling requests
- State agencies that administer LIHEAP receive certain non-tax return information from us primarily through electronic data exchanges, as authorized under data exchange agreements with us. Consult with the regional office Data Exchange Coordinator or Privacy Act Coordinator to determine if we have a data exchange in effect with a particular State agency for its administration of LIHEAP. For more information regarding the handling of requests from State and local agencies, see GN 03314.001E.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.