GN 03314.075: Disclosure Without Consent to State and Local Agencies to Administer the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
Effective Dates: 01/17/2017 - Present
- TN 2 (01-17)
- GN 03314.075 Disclosure Without Consent to State and Local Agencies to Administer the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- A. Disclosure policy
- State public assistance agencies administer the Department of Agriculture’s SNAP through their local offices. This program helps individuals with low incomes buy the food they need to maintain good health. We may disclose certain non-tax return information, including verification of Social Security Numbers (SSN), to State and local agencies for their administration of SNAP. Disclosure is permissible under the health maintenance and income maintenance routine use cited in a number of the agency’s systems of records, including but not limited to the following:
- * 60-0058—Master Files of SSN Holders and SSN Applications System;
- * 60-0090—Master Beneficiary Record;
- * 60-0103—Supplemental Security Income Record and Special Veterans Benefits System; and
- * 60-0269—Prisoner Update Processing System.
- We may also disclose certain tax return information covered by the Earnings Recording and Self-Employment Income System (60-0059) system of record, to State agencies that administer the SNAP pursuant to Section 6103(l)(7) of the IRC.
For information on the verification of SSNs, see GN 03325.003. For information on the disclosure of tax return information, see GN 03314.002 and GN 03320.015A.
- B. Procedure for handling requests
- State agencies that administer SNAP receive certain tax return and non-tax return information from us primarily through electronic data exchanges, as authorized under data exchange agreements with us. Consult the regional office Data Exchange Coordinator or Privacy Act Coordinator to determine if we have a data exchange in effect with a particular State agency for its administration of SNAP. For more information regarding the handling of requests from State and local agencies, see GN 03314.001E.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.