GN 03314.070: Disclosure Without Consent to State and Local Agencies to Administer Government Food Assistance Programs
Effective Dates: 01/17/2017 - Present
- TN 2 (01-17)
- GN 03314.070 Disclosure Without Consent to State and Local Agencies to Administer Government Food Assistance Programs
- A. Disclosure policy
- Government food commodity programs are local government programs that provide food staples to income-eligible needy families.
- We may disclose certain non-tax return information, including verification of Social Security Numbers (SSN), to State and local agencies that administer government food assistance programs. However, we may not disclose information to a private or non-profit entity that operates a food commodity program without consent, unless the entity is acting as an agent for a State or local government agency. We may disclose information to State agencies that administer government food assistance programs when the programs meet the criteria of a health maintenance or income maintenance program, as defined in GN 03314.001A.3. and GN 03314.001A.4. When the request meets our health maintenance or income maintenance program criteria, disclosure is permissible under the routine use of the same name cited in a number of the agency’s systems of records, including but not limited to the following:
- * 60-0058—Master Files of SSN Holders and SSN Applications System;
- * 60-0089—Claims Folders System;
- * 60-0090—Master Beneficiary Record; and
- * 60-0103—Supplemental Security Income Record and Special Veterans Benefits System.
For information concerning the verification of SSNs, see GN 03325.003.
- B. Procedure for handling requests
- The majority of the disclosures we make to State or local agencies under the health maintenance and income maintenance routine use occur via electronic data exchanges, as explained in GN 03314.001E.6. Consult with the regional office Data Exchange Coordinator or Privacy Act Coordinator to determine if we have a data exchange in effect with a particular State agency. For more information regarding the handling of requests from State and local agencies, see GN 03314.001E.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.