DI 11010.325: Receiving a Disability Insurance Benefits (DIB) Denial with a Retirement Insurance Benefits (RIB) Claim in the Field Office (FO)
Effective Dates: 06/15/2015 - Present
- TN 49 (08-08)
- DI 11010.325 Receiving a Disability Insurance Benefits (DIB) Denial with a Retirement Insurance Benefits (RIB) Claim in the Field Office (FO)
- Procedure- DIB denial after RIB
- If a RIB claim for a Number Holder (NH) is in the FO when you receive an unfavorable disability decision for the same number holder, process the DIB denial. If the claim is an Earnings Computation (EC) exclusion, manually clear the claim and input MACADE denial.
- When the DIB claim is locked, process the RIB using the following instructions:
- * Complete the RIB award and enter "DIB Denied" in remarks of the award (if a manual award (A101) is required); and
- * Electronically route the official RIB folder, or use an SSA-3601 (Non-CAPS Routing) to the appropriate Processing Center (PC) if the official folder is paper.
- * If the claimant has indicated he/she does not intend to appeal the DIB, send it to the PC with the RIB, if the official DIB folder is paper.
* If the NH appeals the disability claim, forward the RIB to the PC if the official folder is paper and send the DIB to the appropriate location (Disability Determination Services (DDS), Office of Disability Adjudication and Review (ODAR)).
- * If the claimant does not file an appeal on the DIB claim and it is an official paper folder, retain it in the FO.
- * If the FO has a denied disability claim with no appeal filed and the claimant files a RIB claim, forward both claims to the PC if the official DIB file is paper.
- * For claims that have been entered into EDCS, see Creating Electronic Disability Collect System (EDCS) Cases (DI 81010.020) and Transferring Cases in Electronic Disability Collect System (EDCS) - DI 81010.085.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.