GN 00905.350: Function of the FBU, Manila - Background
Effective Dates: 04/16/2018 - Present
- TN 10 (01-98)
GN 00905.350 Function of the FSP, Manila - Background The Foreign Service Post (FSP) in Manila they are the servicing office for Social Security claims and related matters for individuals residing in the Philippines with prior Regional Federal Benefits Officer (RFBO) approval. The FSP does not have the authority to make formal determinations nor can it adjudicate claims. However, it will perform the following services with prior RFBO approval:
- * Take and process applications, including the necessary development and investigation;
- * Develop and report post-entitlement events affecting the suspense, reinstatement and termination of benefits;
- * Make payee recommendations;
- * Handle preclaims inquiries, earnings discrepancies, etc.;
- * Participate in the foreign enforcement program;
- * Deliver personally all benefit checks for $5,000 or more, as well as the corresponding award or letter;
- * Protect the beneficiaries' interests against the demands of claims helpers;
- * Handle requests for assistance from SSA offices in the U.S.
NOTE: The Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) in Manila is the first point of contact as all request for assistance from the FSP must have prior approval from an RFBO.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.