GN 00905.304: Requests for Evidence or Other Information from Sources in Mexico
Effective Dates: 04/16/2018 - Present
- TN 8 (07-93)
- GN 00905.304 Requests for Evidence or Other Information from Sources in Mexico
- A. Policy
- If there is no claimant or beneficiary in Mexico, FOs can request development directly from the appropriate FBU. Except as explained in GN 00905.300C.1., if there is a claimant or beneficiary in Mexico, the request must be through DIO.
- B. Procedure
- 1. General
- Give the FBU a full explanation of the development needed. Make sure any photocopies attached to the request are clear and complete.
- Remember that FBUs will return for clarification, before development is attempted, any requests which are not clear and complete.
- 2. FO development requests
- Request development via an SSA-562-U3. Diary the request for 60 days.
- Send a follow-up to the FBU and diary for an additional 30 days if no response has been received by the expiration of the initial diary period.
Send a second follow-up to the FBU if no reply is received by the expiration of the second diary period. Mark the request prominently in red "Second Request." In addition, send an informational copy to the Federal Benefit Officer (FBO) having jurisdiction over the area. Make subsequent follow-ups at 30-day intervals through the FBO. Mark the requests in red third, fourth, etc., followup as appropriate.
- 3. DIO development requests
- Request development via an SSA-1320-U4 (Request for Services).
- See GN 00904.245 for diary periods.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.