GN 00308.009: Arizona Vital Records
Effective Dates: 09/08/2017 - Present
- TN 24 (07-04)
- GN 00308.009 Arizona Vital Records
- A. Process
- Marriage/divorce records are available from the Clerk of Superior Court for each county at the address listed below.
- B. Procedure - State sources
1. Address and FO Code Vital Records Dept. of Health Services P.O. Box 3887 Phoenix, AZ 85030
- FO Code 913
- NOTE: Obtain divorce/marriage records from the Clerk of Superior Court in County where divorce was granted or license issued. See the list of counties in GN 00308.009C.
- NOTE: You can find the most up-to-date information from the Office of Vital Records . In addition, you can find EIN information here .
- 2. Cost of Copy:
- The cost for a birth record is $20.00. Death - $20.00, Marriage /Divorce - varies.
- 3. Type of Payment:
- Money order, traveler’s check, cashier’s check, credit/debit card
- 4. Remarks:
- The claimant needs a current State-issued picture identification with signature (or a photocopy of same) to acquire a birth or death record. (There is no change in certification requirements for SSA.) If the picture ID has no signature, then a notarized signature must be presented also. State individual's relationship to the requestor (e.g., self, spouse, parent) as well as the need for the birth record.
- Can FO verify, certify, or obtain free copy of birth/death record? Yes, but hardship or suspected fraud cases only and the request must be documented to show these conditions exist.
- C. List of counties
- See the list of counties for marriage/divorce record requests.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.