VB 01505.011: Beneficiary or Legal Guardian Requests Voluntary Termination of SVB
Effective Dates: 07/07/2014 - Present
- BASIC (03-01)
- VB 01505.011 Beneficiary or Legal Guardian Requests Voluntary Termination of SVB
- A. When to use
- Follow these procedures when the SVB beneficiary or legal guardian requests voluntary termination of SVB. If a request for voluntary termination is made by a representative payee who is not the SVB individual's legal guardian, follow VB 01505.012.
- B. Policy
- A written voluntary termination request must be filed with SSA and:
- * be signed and dated by the beneficiary or legal guardian;
- * state the reason for the termination request;
- * describe the possible effects of the termination and state that the individual understands the effects (including the need to pay back or return SVB payments, when applicable);
- * explain that an appeal (or a new SVB application) filed within the 60-day appeal period will cancel the termination request; and
- * acknowledge that the filing of a new SVB application after the 60-day appeal period expires precludes entitlement earlier than the month the new application is filed.
- C. Procedure - Request Filed or Received in a Field Office (FO) or Central Processing Site (CPS)
- The FO or CPS will:
- * Process the N19 input to terminate SVB;
- * Issue a termination notice including appeal rights (see VB 01505.100); and
- * Post termination information on the San Francisco SVB Intranet site.
- NOTE: The FO will send all voluntary termination documentation to the CPS after completion of the above actions for retention with the SVB folder.
D. Procedure - Request Filed or Received in a Foreign Service Post (FSP)
- The FSP will fax and then mail the request to the servicing CPS. The CPS will process the voluntary termination per VB 01505.011C.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.