GN 00905.362: Requests for Delayed Payment of Retroactive Benefits - Philippine Claims
Effective Dates: 06/20/2014 - Present
- TN 10 (01-98)
- GN 00905.362 Requests for Delayed Payment of Retroactive Benefits - Philippine Claims
1. The Foreign Service Post (FSP) in Manila, Philippines
- If the possibility of excessive fee charging is noted during the claims interview, discuss the possibility of special handling of the first check with the beneficiary.
If the beneficiary agrees, flag the claim for special processing in OIO by attaching an authorization signed by the beneficiary which requests that:
- * Any retroactive benefits be paid by separate check after the regular monthly checks have begun; and
- * No mention be made of retroactive benefits on the award notice.
- Note: An SSA-795 or other form can be used.
- 2. CA
- Adjudicate the claim. Route the claim to a BA for processing as explained in 3.
- 3. BA
- Pay the retroactive benefits by a one-check-only action, outside the MADCAP system.
- Send this payment to the beneficiary in care of the USVA Regional Office, SSA Division, APO San Francisco CA 96528.
Process the award to pay current benefits directly to the beneficiary at his residence address. Show the beneficiary's residence address on the award certificate and send it to the FSP by OF-41, for personal delivery of the beneficiary.
- Prepare a special notice to the beneficiary showing only the current benefit amount and send it to his home address.
Refer inquiries from the beneficiary about the special procedure to the FSP for reply.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.