GN 00307.417: Developing Evidence of Parent-Child Relationship From the PRC
Effective Dates: 08/26/2005 - Present
- TN 31 (08-05)
- GN 00307.417 Developing Evidence of Parent-Child Relationship From the PRC
- A. Procedure –Claimant in PRC
Ask the FSP to:
- * Get the child's birth certificate;
- * Interview the child to verify his/her identity; and
- * Examine (making certified copies or extracts) any PRC identity papers or other evidence of age and relationship the child has.
- Do not take further development if the evidence supports the parent-child relationship.
- Deny the claim if the evidence shows the parent- child relationship does not exist. Develop for other evidence both inside and outside the PRC if the evidence is inconclusive.
- B. Procedure-Claimant Not in PRC
- Do not request evidence from PRC. If the claimant submits PRC evidence, evaluate it as explained in GN 00307.412 and GN 00307.414.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.