POMS Reference

This change was made on Apr 16, 2018. See latest version.
Text removed
Text added

GN 00307.417: Developing Evidence of Parent-Child Relationship From the PRC

  • Effective Dates: 08/26/2005 - Present
  • Effective Dates: 04/16/2018 - Present
  • TN 31 (08-05)
  • GN 00307.417 Developing Evidence of Parent-Child Relationship From the PRC
  • A. Procedure –Claimant in PRC
  • Ask the FSP to:
  • Ask the Federal Benefits Unit (or FSP if needed and authorized by the Regional Federal Benefits Officer) to:
  • * Get the child's birth certificate;
  • * Interview the child to verify his/her identity; and
  • * Examine (making certified copies or extracts) any PRC identity papers or other evidence of age and relationship the child has.
  • Do not take further development if the evidence supports the parent-child relationship.
  • Deny the claim if the evidence shows the parent- child relationship does not exist. Develop for other evidence both inside and outside the PRC if the evidence is inconclusive.
  • B. Procedure-Claimant Not in PRC
  • Do not request evidence from PRC. If the claimant submits PRC evidence, evaluate it as explained in GN 00307.412 and GN 00307.414.