GN 00307.765: Examination of Philippine Source Records
Effective Dates: 06/17/2014 - Present
- TN 31 (08-05)
- GN 00307.765 Examination of Philippine Source Records
- A. Procedure
When there is a question about the authenticity or correctness of a certification, request the Foreign Service Post (FSP) in Manila, Philippines assistance using an SSA-5523-U3 (PC) or SSA-562-U3 (FO). * Explain fully the reason for the request when asking the FSP to determine the authenticity or correctness of a certification.
- * Include the proper authorization (GN 00307.759) if examination of a public record is requested.
- B. Process
- 1. General
When the FSP forwards material to an FO or PC and decides that a discrepancy does not require further development, it puts an RC in file explaining the basis for this decision.
- 2. Examination of source records
Upon receipt of a request to examine records, the FSP:
- * Schedules a field trip;
- * Contacts BRM or NCSO if the evidence can be verified at that source; or
- * Contacts the claimant.
- It returns requests which do not contain sufficient information to the requesting office, before any development is undertaken, showing what information is needed.
- 3. Source record cannot be examined
If the FSP is refused access and is unable to examine a source record, it records this information on an RC and returns it with the copy of the document to be verified and/or the development request to the requesting office.
- C. Policy
When reviewing material from the FSP, the FO or PC is guided by the FSP’s recommendation unless the file reveals a strong reason for requesting additional development. If the FSP has been refused access to a source record, a certification purportedly based on that record cannot be used to establish a factor of entitlement. Additional evidence must be secured.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.