VB 01503.625: Benefits Withheld While in an SSA-Restricted Country
Effective Dates: 07/07/2014 - Present
- BASIC (01-02)
- VB 01503.625 Benefits Withheld While in an SSA-Restricted Country
- A. Policy
- SVB withheld during the period the beneficiary is in an SSA-restricted country (regardless of citizenship) may be paid once he or she moves to a country to which payments can be made.
B. Procedure — FO, and FSPs
- The beneficiary must appear in person (i.e., face-to-face interview) and submit proof of identity per RM 00207.010, and establish that all qualification requirements continue to be met.
- Fax and then mail all materials to the CPS having SVB jurisdiction.
- C. Procedure — CPS
- Pay SVB for the months withheld while the beneficiary was in the SSA-restricted country if he/she:
- * Is no longer in a Treasury-barred or SSA-restricted country; and
- * Is entitled to SVB.
- Notify the beneficiary of the release of withheld SVB.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.