VB 01503.610: Beneficiary Departs Treasury-Barred Country
Effective Dates: 07/07/2014 - Present
- BASIC (01-02)
- VB 01503.610 Beneficiary Departs Treasury-Barred Country
- A. Policy
- 1. U.S. Citizens or Nationals
- SVB can be paid the first month during which the beneficiary did not remain in a Treasury-barred country throughout the entire month as long as he/she continues to meet all SVB qualification requirements. See VB 01503.615 for instructions for paying SVB withheld while the beneficiary was in a Treasury-barred country.
- 2. Non-U.S. Citizens or Nationals
- SVB can be paid the first month during which the beneficiary did not remain in a Treasury-barred country throughout the entire month if:
- * SVB payments have not been terminated (e.g., PSY T31 after being in suspense for 12 consecutive months); and
- * The individual meets all SVB qualification requirements.
- REMINDER: Non-U.S. citizens or nationals cannot be qualified individuals for SVB purposes during any month he/she resides in a Treasury-barred country and, as a result, any SVB payments withheld while in a Treasury-barred country are NOT payable.
B. Procedure — FO and FSPs
- 1. Residence in United States
- Follow VB 01503.100.
- 2. Foreign Residence Is Established (Not a Treasury-Barred or SSA-Restricted Country)
- Conduct a face-to-face interview with the SVB beneficiary to verify that he/she is no longer in the barred/restricted country.
- Obtain proof of the beneficiary's identity using the guidelines in RM 00207.010. Also establish his/her foreign residence, as explained in VB 00205.155D, and verify that all SVB qualification requirements in VB 00102.001 continue to be met.
- NOTE: Obtain proof of the date the beneficiary departed from the barred/restricted country if this date is material to the month of SVB resumption. Otherwise, the month in which the face-to-face interview is conducted will be used as the first month during which the beneficiary did not remain in a Treasury-barred country throughout the entire month.
- Fax and mail all material to the CPS having SVB jurisdiction.
- C. Procedure — CPS
- If the documentation requirements in VB 01503.610B.2. are met:
- * Process the SVB reinstatement;
- * Update the remarks field on the SVB SSR;
- * Update the SVB Intranet site to reflect the reinstatement and delete the suspension; and
- * Fax the information to OIP, Attention SVB at (410) 966-7025.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.