VB 01503.115: Beneficiary is Not Relinquishing Foreign Residence or U.S. Visit Not Expected To Exceed 1 Full Calendar Month
Effective Dates: 07/07/2014 - Present
- BASIC (01-02)
- VB 01503.115 Beneficiary is Not Relinquishing Foreign Residence or U.S. Visit Not Expected To Exceed 1 Full Calendar Month
A. Procedure — FO or FSP
- Inform the SVB recipient that he or she:
- * will no longer be considered a foreign resident for SVB entitlement purposes if his or her visit in the United States exceeds 1 full calendar month;
- * will not be entitled to SVB payments for any month after the first full calendar month he or she remains in the United States;
* should notify SSA (CPS, FO, or FSP) when he or she returns to his or her home abroad;
- * will need to submit proof of the date he or she returned to the foreign country; and
- * should notify SSA promptly if his or her visit plans change (e.g., decides to stay and live in the United States, etc.).
- Fax and then mail along with the statement obtained per VB 01503.110B to the CPS having SVB jurisdiction.
- B. Procedure -- CPS
- Prepare an MDW for the first day of the second calendar month AFTER the beneficiary's entry into the United States to ascertain whether the beneficiary has returned abroad per VB 01503.117C. For example, if the SVB beneficiary left the Philippines for the United States on May 15 and expects to return to the Philippines on June 23, prepare an MDW for July 1.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.