GN 01070.235: When FO To PC OPTEL Procedure Is To Be Used
Effective Dates: 11/10/2016 - Present
- TN 19 (05-07)
- GN 01070.235 When FO To PC OPTEL Procedure Is To Be Used
- A. Policy for use of FO to PC OPTEL procedure
- OPTEL calls can be used when FO personnel have questions concerning an overpayment / recovery situation involving a case where:
- * Jurisdiction for collection activity has been transferred to the FO.
- * The beneficiary has requested an explanation of his/her overpayment notice.
- * Clarification of a processing center development request is required.
- * An explanation of worksheet entries is required.
- * Benefit offset is in progress, the claimant has made a full refund and efforts to stop withholding through ROAR have been unsuccessful.
- B. When to use the MDW process
If the issue is clearly too complicated to be explained over the telephone, use of the MDW should be considered. (Refer to MSOM MDW-001-001 for instructions on this procedure or to "Modernized Development Worksheet Instructions for Intercomponent Development Requests" at: http://kcnet.kc.ssa.gov/cps/t2systems/TOC for MDW.html.)
- The MDW can also be used for certain contacts falling outside the criteria described in GN 01070.235A, if all the following conditions are met.
- * The contact must involve an overpayment / recovery issue.
- * Circumstances warranting special handling (e.g. potential public relations problem, financial hardship, etc.).
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.