GN 01070.205: When The Field Office (FO) Is Not To Make DOTEL Contact
Effective Dates: 11/10/2016 - Present
- TN 19 (05-07)
- GN 01070.205 When The Field Office (FO) Is Not To Make DOTEL Contact
- The following are examples when DOTEL is not the appropriate method of contacting the processing centers.
- A. Disability claims
- If the new claim is subject to deferral for development of nondisability items, the DOTEL call should be deferred until notification of a medical allowance, as with other nondisability development areas.
- B. Supersede national policies
- Do not use these instructions and guidelines in any way to modify or supersede national policies governing the acceptability and evaluation of evidence in the adjudicative process.
- C. Prior information was destroyed
- Assume the folder was destroyed if:
- * All entitlements on the SSN were terminated 5 years ago (10 years ago in DIB claims) and no overpayment was pending; or
- * The prior claim was a lump sum, disallowance, or a withdrawal, processed 10 or more years ago; or
- * The MBR shows “NIF”.
- D. Open applications
- If the prior claims folder was destroyed, and the notice of the initial determination on the prior claim was before February 1, 1979, assume that the prior application is open. (See GN 00204.025 and GN 01070.224). If all information available is online and accessible a telephone contact will not be necessary.
- E. Routine requests
Routine requests are any situations not defined in GN 01070.200B. Routine requests are sent via MDW (Modernized Development Worksheet) (Refer to MSOM MDW-001-001 for instructions on this procedure or to “Modernized Development Worksheet Instructions for Intercomponent Development Requests” at: http://kcnet.kc.ssa.gov/cps/t2systems/MDW USER GUIDE.htm.) (see GN 01070.228A.3).
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.