DI 52101.010: Social Security Rulings (SSRs) Involving Workers’ Compensation/Public Disability Benefit (WC/PDB) Offset
Effective Dates: 09/25/2008 - Present
- BASIC (09-08)
- DI 52101.010 Social Security Rulings (SSRs) Involving Workers’ Compensation/Public Disability Benefit (WC/PDB) Offset
- Social Security Rulings (SSRs) are case decisions which establish precedents relating to all SSA benefit programs. Rulings may be based on case decisions made at all administrative levels of adjudication.
- Although the rulings do not have the force and effect of the law or regulations, they are binding on all SSA components.
- A district court decision binds SSA to that particular case only. SSA adjudicators must follow SSA regulations and policy for all other cases. The only exceptions are Circuit Court decisions for which SSA issues an Acquiescence Ruling and Supreme Court decisions.
- Related References
- * DI 52140.015 - Field Office/Processing Center Request for Policy Decision Regarding Workers’ Compensation/Public Disability Benefit (WC/PDB)
* DI Worker’s Compensation Rulings Table of Contents http://mwww.ba.ssa.gov/OP_Home/rulings/di/05/SSR-DI05toc.html * PR 02505.000 – All Options for Title II Regional Chief Counsel Precedent Decisions http://policynet.ba.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/links/1502505000
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.