GN 00205.185: Name and Address of Claimant or Beneficiary Outside U.S.
Effective Dates: 07/08/2014 - Present
- TN 40 (04-03)
- GN 00205.185 Name and Address of Claimant or Beneficiary Outside U.S.
- A. Introduction
- Many errors are made in foreign names and addresses because they are not written clearly or consistently on applications and other forms.
Where an application, form or correspondence is used to establish the name and/or address for SSA records, the office (FSP, FO or OIO) initially handling this material block prints the name and address as shown in GN 00205.185B.
- B. Procedure
- 1. Name
- Print the name above the signature line, exactly as it is written, on the application. Do this even if the name is printed elsewhere on the form.
- Print the name as the claimant wants it to appear on checks if the signature is by mark.
- 2. Address
- Print the address above the check address shown by the claimant/beneficiary and the residence address if different from the check address.
- Correct obvious errors (e.g., spelling, missing postal code, etc.). Use only SSA standard abbreviations.
- EXCEPTION: Do not print the address if it is already typed or block printed on the form.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.