DI 26010.015: Completing Item 15 (Claimant Disabled) on the SSA-831 for Blindness Cases
Effective Dates: 12/03/2008 - Present
- TN 2 (10-08)
- DI 26010.015 Completing Item 15 (Claimant Disabled) on the SSA-831 for Blindness Cases
- A. Item 15A in Title II cases
- In a statutory blindness case, enter the date the claimant became statutorily blind unless he or she has an impairment that results in an earlier date of onset. In such case, enter the earlier date, and see DI 26010.055A. for the required entry in Item 27 (Rationale)
- B. Item 15A in Title XVI cases
- Leave blank if statutory blindness is established. Complete Item 18 instead (see DI 26010.025B.).
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.