SI PHI00520.625: Safe Havens Demonstration Program (TN 2 -- 02/2004)
Effective Dates: 02/04/2004 - Present
- SI PHI00520.625 Safe Havens Demonstration Program (TN 2 -- 02/2004)
- A. Background
- The Stewart B. McKinney Homeless Assistance Act, as amended in 1992 by Public Law 102-550, provides for low-cost housing knows as “safe havens” to certain homeless persons who are unwilling or unable to participate in mental health treatment programs or other supportive services. The law provides exceptions to two SSI provisions for demonstration project participants:
- * ineligibility due to residence in a public institution, and
- * chargeable in-kind support and maintenance
- B. Policy
- An individual will not be considered a resident of a public institution nor be charged in-kind support and maintenance if such support and maintenance is provided through a safe haven demonstration project.
- C. Philadelphia Region Safe Havens
- This listing provides the name, residential address and a contact person for each of the identified HUD-funded safe havens in the Philadelphia Region. Additional sites will be updated to the list when identified.
- NOTE: If an office becomes aware of a safe haven not listed, please contact the SSI Program Support Team via email (||PHI MOS RSI SSI PROG) or via telephone (215-597-0435).
- 1. Maryland
Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless600B East Gude DriveRockville, Maryland Executive Director: Sharon London (301) 217-0314
- Locations (40 beds) at 4 sites:
* Adrianne's House600 East Gude DriveRockville, Maryland 20850 * Laytonsville Haven5834 Riggs RoadLaytonsville, Maryland 20882 * Takoma Park Haven804 Maplewood AvenueTakoma Park, Maryland 20912 * Silver Spring Haven9313 Colesville RoadSilver Spring, Maryland 20901 2. PennsylvaniaProject H.O.M.E.1515 Fairmont AvenuePhiladelphia, Pennsylvania 19130
- Fifty (50) Safe Haven beds at 2 sites:
* St Columba (25 beds-men)4133-9 Chestnut StreetPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania 19104Program Coordinator: Lisa Razzi (215) 232-7236 * Women of Change (25 beds-women)2042 Arch StreetPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania 19103Program Coordinator: Liz White (215) 564-0901 3. VirginiaThe Daily Planet517 West Grace Street (all correspondence to this address)Richmond, Virginia 23220
- Facility: 1509 Porter Street, Richmond, Virginia 23224
Contact: Peter Prizzio (804) 783-0678 Ext. 230New Hope Housing Administrative Office8407-E Richmond HighwayAlexandria, Virginia 22309
Facility:Max's Place3302 Glen Carlyn Road, Falls Church, Virginia 22041
- Onsite Contact: Bob Cassell (703) 933-0651
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.