SL 90005.003: Transmittal 1 to SL 30001, July 2005
- Effective Dates: 07/22/2005 - Present
- TN 3 (07-05)
- SL 90005.003 Transmittal 1 to SL 30001, July 2005
- Part 19 - State and Local Coverage HandbookChapter 300 – Coverage Under Section 218 AgreementsSubchapter 01 – Coverage Under Section 218 AgreementsTransmittal No. 01, 07/2005
- State Social Security AdministratorsRegional Offices—RSI Team LeadersParallel Social Security Field Offices—District ManagersRegional General Counsel Staff
- Originating Component
- Effective Date
- Upon Receipt
- POMS section SL 30001.336 contains information regarding special provisions that have been made for eligible employees of a retirement system who have been called to duty for military purposes and their participation in the majority vote or divided vote referendum process for Section 218 coverage.
- Summary of Changes
SL 30001.001 SLCH Subchapter 30001 – PDF File
- This section includes an updated PDF file of the entire subchapter.
- SL 30001.336 Referendums for Deployed Military Personnel
- This section has been created to establish the following guidelines:
- * Establishes a 60 day extension to the required 90 day advance notice of referendum, if an eligible employee of the retirement system has been called to duty for military purposes. Once issued, the 60 day extension can not be retracted and it applies to all eligible employees of the retirement system.
- * The section also provides suggestions for how to include eligible employees of a retirement system who have been called to duty in a referendum for Section 218 coverage.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.