NL 00601.060: Withdrawal Notices
Effective Dates: 06/10/2013 - Present
- TN 6 (12-93)
- NL 00601.060 Withdrawal Notices
- A. Policy
- We must notify the individual requesting withdrawal of a claim whenever we take final action on the request.
- 1. Request approved
- If the request is approved, do not include a reconsideration paragraph, unless it also includes notification about other decisions, such as an earnings determination.
- 2. Request disapproved
- If the request is disapproved, include a reconsideration paragraph and an explanation of the reason for disapproval, except where disapproved after disallowance of claim. Then use exhibit letter, E3705. (See GN 00206.145)
- B. Process
- Withdrawal notices are produced as follows:
- 1. CAPS
- CAPS will generate preadjudicative withdrawal approval notices.
- * Unconditional withdrawal - Disallowance codes 200, 201, 203, 204 or 206 will automatically generate a notice with paragraph MG90.
- * Conditional withdrawal - Request paragraph RG93 (DS code 202, 205 or 207).
- * Withdrawal cancellation (how to cancel withdrawal request) - MG91.
- This paragraph will follow either MG90 or RG93.
- 2. Manual letters
For postadjudicative withdrawal related notices, see exhibits in NL 00703.700 through NL 00703.706. (GN 00206.100 - GN 00206.105)
- 3. SSA-L250
- For withdrawal approval notices which cannot be processed through CAPS, use SSA-L250 with appropriate numbered or dictated paragraphs (NL 00708.100). These notices can also be prepared on the Four Phase System or M-TEXT.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.