GN 03105.020: Locating Missing Claims Folders
Effective Dates: 09/15/2014 - Present
- TN 4 (09-14)
- GN 03105.020 Locating Missing Claims Folders
- You may need to locate a prior claims folder for processing of a current action, such as an appeal, a court case, or a continuing disability review. The Seattle Region hosts an Automated Folder Location (AFL) website, which can assist you in locating electronic and paper folders. If you cannot locate the folder, reconstruct the folder as instructed in GN 03105.010. Document all queries utilized and all efforts made on the AFL site’s “unable to locate” form or Report of Contact (RPOC or DROC) screen.
- Comparison Point Date (CPD) folders for pending electronic continuing disability reviews may not require reconstruction as explained in DI 81010.242.
- A. Locating electronic folders
To determine if an electronic folder exists, the AFL website provides tabs for searching eView, the Claims File Records Management System (CFRMS), and the Non-Disability Repository for Evidentiary Documents (NDRED).
- For an overview of eView, see DI 81005.005.
For information on CFRMS, see MSOM INTRANETCFRMS 001.001.
- For information on NDRED, see GN 00301.310.
- B. Locating paper folders
- If a paper folder exists, the AFL system will present a worksheet showing all potential locations for the folder. Also, consider searching:
- * previous names;
- * beneficiary’s and representative payee’s previous addresses (the folder could be in an FO servicing a previous address);
- * cross-referenced Social Security numbers;
- * concurrent folders;
- * pending files;
- * closed files; and
- * boxes awaiting shipment.
- To request a folder from the storage facility, use the Processing Center Action Control System (PCACS) for a Title II folder and automatic recall (AR33) for a Title XVI folder. For information on PCACS, see MSOM PCACS 001.001. For information on AR33, see SM 01201.055.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.