GN 01755.110: Scope of the Agreement with Hungary
Effective Dates: 10/14/2016 - Present
- BASIC (10-16)
- GN 01755.110 Scope of the Agreement with Hungary
- A. Benefit programs included under the U.S.-Hungary Agreement
- The provisions of the agreement that permit persons to qualify for benefits based on combined U.S. and Hungarian coverage apply to the following types of benefits:
- 1. U.S. retirement, survivor, and disability benefits
The agreement applies to U.S. retirement, survivors, and disability benefits. The agreement does not apply to Medicare benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or Special Age 72 payments.
- 2. Hungarian retirement, survivor, and disability benefits
- The agreement applies to the Hungarian old-age retirement, survivor, and disability benefits.
- B. Taxes under the Agreement
- The provisions of the agreement that eliminate dual social security coverage and taxes apply to the following:
- * U.S. Social Security taxes, Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) and Self-Employment Contributions Act (SECA), including the Medicare portions of those Acts; and
- * Hungarian social security taxes that finance old-age retirement, survivor, disability, health insurance, sickness and maternity, work injury and unemployment programs.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.