GN 01743.110: Scope of the U.S. - Australian Agreement
Effective Dates: 05/01/2014 - Present
- BASIC (09-02)
- GN 01743.110 Scope of the U.S. - Australian Agreement
- A. Policy — Benefit programs included
- The provisions of the agreement that permit people to qualify for benefits based on combined U.S. and Australian coverage credits apply to the following types of benefits:
* U.S. retirement, survivors and disability benefits under title II of the Social Security Act. The benefit provisions of the agreement do not apply to Medicare benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or Special Age 72 benefits.
- * Australian Social Security retirement, survivors and disability benefits described in GN 01743.020.
- B. Policy — Taxes included
- The provisions of the agreement that eliminate dual Social Security coverage and taxes apply to:
- * U.S. Social Security taxes (FICA and SECA) including the Medicare portion, and
- * Australia's Superannuation Guarantee contributions.
- C. Reference
- Agreement provisions for the elimination of dual coverage and taxation,
- RS 02002.001 - RS 02002.048
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.