GN 01729.110: Scope of the U.S. - Austrian Agreement
Effective Dates: 04/11/2014 - Present
- TN 3 (05-98)
- GN 01729.110 Scope of the U.S. - Austrian Agreement
- A. Policy - Benefit programs included
- The provisions of the agreement that permit people to qualify for benefits based on combined U.S. and Austrian coverage credits apply to the following types of benefits:
* U.S. retirement, survivors, and disability benefits. The agreement does not apply to U.S. Medicare benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits, or Special Age 72 payments.
- * Austrian retirement, survivors and disability benefits. The agreement does not apply to other benefit programs such as sickness and accident insurance.
- B. Policy - Taxes included
- The provisions of the agreement that eliminate dual Social Security coverage and taxes apply to:
- * U.S. Social Security taxes (FICA and SECA), including the Medicare portion, and
- * Austrian Social Security taxes that finance retirement, survivors and disability benefits, as well as Austrian sickness and accident insurance.
- C. Reference
- Agreement provisions for the elimination of dual coverage and taxation, RS 02001.650 - RS 02001.695
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.