GN 01711.110: Scope of Norwegian Agreement
Effective Dates: 02/06/1996 - Present
- TN 2 (12-94)
- GN 01711.110 Scope of Norwegian Agreement
- A. POLICY - BENEFIT PROGRAMS INCLUDED
The provisions of the agreement that permit people to qualify for benefits based on combined U.S. and Norwegian coverage credits apply only to retirement, survivors and disability benefits under each country's system. The agreement does not apply to Medicare benefits, SSI benefits, or Special Age 72 benefits.
- B. POLICY - TAXES INCLUDED
- The provisions of the agreement that eliminate dual Social Security coverage and taxes apply to:
- * U.S. Social Security taxes (FICA and SECA) including the Medicare portion, and
- * Norwegian Social Security taxes that finance old-age, survivors and disability benefits, unemployment and work accident insurance and certain benefits for unwed mothers.
- C. REFERENCE
- Agreement provisions for the elimination of dual coverage and taxation, RS 02001.201 - RS 02001.209
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.