GN 01705.110: Scope of Italian Agreement
Effective Dates: 03/04/2014 - Present
- TN 5 (08-94)
- GN 01705.110 Scope of Italian Agreement
- A. Policy - benefit programs included
The provisions of the agreement that permit people to qualify for benefits based on combined U.S. and Italian coverage credits apply to retirement, survivors and disability benefits under each country's system. In addition, the agreement applies to benefits payable under Italy's family allowance program. The agreement does not apply to U.S. Medicare benefits, SSI benefits, or Special Age 72 payments.
- B. Policy - taxes included
- The provisions of the agreement that eliminate dual Social Security coverage apply to:
- * U.S. Social Security taxes (FICA and SECA) including the Medicare portion, and
- * Italian Social Security taxes that finance the old-age, survivors, disability, and family allowance programs.
- C. Reference
- Agreement provisions for the elimination of dual coverage and taxation, RS 02001.050.
x← This means that the line was removed and was added – in other words, the "Effective Dates" line at the top of the document has been updated to reflect that the new version is effective as of the date the change was made.